Polyfiber - Poly-Spray step
And of course, the inevitable step
I remember when I covered my full scale 1-26B way back in time. Looking good Scott.
The Joys of Masking......
Rear Fuselage Rotisserie mount.
And the Fuselage Rotisserie that I built for painting the P51 Pawnee worked great. This is after the spray-on PolyBrush step. The areas that were not filled with PolyBrush bubble up on this step, so I go back over it with a 1:1 thinned PolyBrush mixture applied with a Paper towel to smooth things out.
PolySpray UV protection ( I could skip this step but it keeps the sunlight from shinning thru ....so it will look more "scale" flying overhead )
Put a coat of Insignia White PolyTone on the wings in preparation for the AeroThane #140 OrangeYellow. Now I just have to wait the prescribed 4 day for the solvents to dissipate.
I had to do the 20' 1-26 wings in my driveway without a Rotisserie. What a job. But
the Stits prosses does a good job.
Thanks for taking the time to continue the thread. The covering process is one that I pay particular attention too. I really enjoy the posts you make.
Up early this morning, trying to get ahead of the insect population......except for this one Fly that decided to get his undercarriage painted......at least he did it on the first coat.
Fuselage Fabric up thru white.
"...except for this one Fly that decided to get his undercarriage painted......at least he did it on the first coat."
LOL that's funny!
Feeling a little Blueish........amongst the ash that is currently falling around the house.
Canadair CL-415 and Sikorsky S-64 SkyCrane Aircraft are the beautiful aircraft. Night Operations capable Sikorsky S-70 FireHawks are eminently Cool too.
Beautiful that's about all that needs to be said.
Had to see what it looked like on the wing.
Waiting for paint to cure ......
I like it
the beauty of Bondo.....for profile matching the fuselage to the cowl....normal body filler here.
and Ultra blending / finishing putty here.
Cutting out all the holes.
first coat of primer on the cowl
Shows all the Pin holes......I need to fill
Checking on the Cowl / Spinner mating
Switching to PPG Omni MP801 Primer/Surfacer/Sealer as Rattle can primer formulation has changed and takes 48 hours to dry and comes out very inconsistent.
A warning though, make sure you clean the gun right away, otherwise cleanup is very LABOR intensive.
Its kinda cool - as a surfacer ( like a base coat of white ), you cut in some Urethane Clear to thin out the MP801 ( its really thick ).
All ready for the AeroThane #140 Orange-Yellow.
Of Course the MP801 is not quite as "white" as the PolyFiber PolyTone Insigina White .....so that means my Z-137T Agro Turbo Cmelak is going "Scale" .....with inconsistent color........
Well.... I don't think visibility will be a problem
I did have to switch over to my bigger Spray Gun as there's a lot of real estate to cover.